Friday 31 August 2007

Blogger Under Attack!

Blogger LogoGoogle-owned Blogger hits the headlines. A viral attack has infected "many hundreds" of blogs with booby-trapped links designed to turn a user's PC into a slave for sending spam. "Security researcher Alex Eckelberry from Sunbelt Software first noticed the booby-trapped links ... on Blogger on 27 August" (BBC News).The initial attack began in January with spam news items about severe storms, hence the nickname "Storm Trojan". The latest attack may exploit Blogger's feature that allows users to e-mail posts to their blogs. Now the good news. My spam filter caught all the fake storm-news spams. I don't send posts to Coxsoft Art News by e-mail. Comments come to me first for moderation. And I haven't spotted any fake links on my blog, just the usual Blogger bugs. So, you appear to be safe here, but I'll remain vigilant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home