Saturday 29 December 2007

Hong, Elephant Artist

I.C. - My recollection of Hong's drawing of an elephant! (2007)Did you know that elephants can draw elephants? I didn't until yesterday, when I caught a trailer for Channel Five's Extraordinary Animals. It's on Wednesday 2 January at 7.30pm. The talented jumbo is Hong, an Asian elephant who uses her trunk to hold her paintbrush. Is Hong a good enough artist to fool a "top London art gallery?" wonders the blurb. This I have got to see. She should go down a bundle in Tate Modern, which already owns some expensive elephant dung.

4 Comments:

At 2/1/08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just watched the program and indeed it was amazing that not only can Hong paint, but she seems to absolutely love it, heres hoping that she is able to carry on enjoying her obvious talent whilst remaining the wild animal she truly is.
Hong!your wonderful.
Toni Leicester
iviewolfe@hotmail.co.uk

 
At 2/1/08, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Toni

I'm glad you enjoyed the programme. I missed it! (A hard day's work caused me to crash out after dinner.) I hope to catch the repeat, whenever that is.

 
At 5/2/08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just watched programme about Hong and was blown away with amazment!!

 
At 6/2/08, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed it too. I missed the repeat as well, due to working Tuesday evening! Fingers crossed for the next repeat....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home