Wednesday 19 March 2008

Madeleine Apology

Daily Express Front Page (10/9/07)Congratulations to Kate and Jerry McCann for forcing the Daily Express and The Star to publish front-page apologies and cough up £550.000 toward the Find Madeleine Campaign. Back in September I objected to a Daily Express headline: "We can prove parents did it" quoting a foul Portuguese police lie (CLICK). I objected so strongly that I complained to the Press Complaints Commission (CLICK). Staff were very helpful, but the Commissioner failed to uphold my complaint. This proved to me that the Press Complaints Commission is a waste of time and taxpayers' money. Had my complaint been upheld at that time, it would have fired a warning shot across the bows of the Daily Express and might have saved the McCanns a great deal of additional and unnecessary anguish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home