Friday 23 January 2009

Comics at Louvre

Hirohiko Araki - Rohan au LouvreThe Louvre in Paris is one of the world's most prestigious museums, hardly the place you'd expect to find comic-strip art. Yet why not? This graphic - Hirohiko Araki's Rohan au Louvre - looks a lot more interesting than that boring old Picasso show which the National Gallery is trying to flog in London. Cartoons - The Louvre invites comic-strip art opened yesterday and continues until 13 April. It's in the Sully Wing, admission fees in Euro thingies (title link). Why can't the National Gallery give us the Judge Dredd show? He's British.

2 Comments:

At 24/1/09, Blogger lennardg said...

a show of Jeff Hawke originals could be nice too...

 
At 25/1/09, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Lennard

Yes. And Dan Dare and one of my boyhood favourites Wulf the Briton (I'm showing my age). And if we want to go international, how about one of my favourite illustrators Pierre Joubert. They had a big exhibition of his art in France a few years ago. It could go down well here. He was a much better artist than Picasso. I've put a few of his illustrations on my blog. Search it for Pierre Joubert

 

Post a Comment

<< Home