Friday 25 November 2011

The Riding Crop

This unusual statue in green and gilt patinated bronze, The Riding Crop (c.1930) by Bruno Zach, went under the hammer at Bonhams recent Design from 1860 auction in London and fetched a world record price for the artist of £97,250. Dominatrix meets 1930s chic. It reminds me of a dentist I used to have some years ago. She went riding in the mornings and occasionally turned up at the surgery in jodhpurs and riding boots under her white coat. I often wondered if I'd get a whack across the thighs with her riding crop if I didn't open wide enough.

2 Comments:

At 7/2/12, Anonymous Marie said...

What a stunning hot sculpture; really hot but also quiet expensive. Love it and would also love to own one of Zachs original sculptures.

 
At 7/2/12, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Marie

Yes, it's a cracker. Bronze is expensive at the best of times. Robert Mileham does some beautiful bronzes. Check him out on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home