Thursday 12 July 2012

Rio Occupy London

As part of the London 2012 Festival arts programme, 30 Brazilian artists have been invited to take part in Rio Occupation London, a project commissioned by Rio de Janeiro's State Culture Secretariat and co-produced by the Battersea Arts Centre (CLICK). Breno Pineschi will be sticking up 10,000 brightly coloured paper bananas around the capital. He says it's, "my way to bring a real feeling of colour and happiness from my city Rio and my country" (CLICK). Brazil, you may recall, is one of those South American country's where police hit squads murder street children to control their numbers (CLICK). Above is Ratao Diniz's beautiful and carefully cropped Photo of a Boy up a Pole. It's not clear whether the boy was merely having fun or trying to escape a Brazilian police murder squad!

2 Comments:

At 12/7/12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a graphic designer for around 12 years now. I'm quite new to running a blog and discovered your blog while looking for design web sites. I've got to tell you how influenced I am with all your expert articles as well as the general level of quality of your site. Hopefully I can build a website similar to yours and will keep an eye on your posts with great attention. Thanks a lot for the motivation mate.
Review my website :: australian painters artists

 
At 13/7/12, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Jamie

Thanks for the compliment. Blogger put your comment in its spam box, because it doesn't like links in comments. I checked your website first and it looks good. So do your paintings. Running a blog in tandem with a website is a good idea, because blogs are much easier to update than websites and you can post current news on your exhibitions and projects.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home