Tuesday 28 August 2012

Sue Austin Ballet

This has got to be one of the most unusual photos I've ever seen. It shows disabled artist Sue Austin testing her prototype self-propelled underwater wheelchair, which she helped to develop in order to perform underwater ballet. Creating The Spectacle was commissioned by Unlimited, which financed disabled people to create groundbreaking performances in celebration of the London 2012 Paralympic Games. CLICK for technical details. CLICK for the website Freewheeling and an eerie video of Sue in the sea.

2 Comments:

At 27/2/13, Blogger MakeMoneyMoney said...

This is amazing.. I'm new to being in a wheelchair. At first I thought my world ended. I'm slowly coming back to finding myself again. And this is totally amazing. So very blessed to have seen this.. Thank you again for being such an inspiration. <3

 
At 27/2/13, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm pleased you found this post inspirational, but the inspiration is all Sue's. She is a very courageous and determined lady.

Best wishes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home