Saturday 25 May 2013

Tornado Alley

Finding that the Discus Thrower is in the Dallas Museum of Art in Texas reminded me of Tornado Alley and that devasting twister which virtually wiped Moore, south of Oklahoma City, off the face of the map four days ago (CLICK). The photo shows teachers taking traumatized girls away from Briarwood Elementary School in south Oklahoma City. It's the most positive image I've seen of the disaster. They survived. Many didn't. My sympathies go out to all those who lost homes and loved ones. I checked on Texas and it is indeed in Tornado Alley and has more than twice the twisters of any other state, over 8,000 (CLICK)!

1 Comments:

At 25/5/13, Anonymous A Sims said...

My condolences to all who lost loved ones. We are thinking of them. Hopefully the injured will recover soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home